So I ran into a funny error today while trying to install
erlang on my Mac.
$ sudo port install erlang Error: Unable to execute port: invalid command name "configure.cppflags"
It turns out (after running
port using the
-d option), that macports was trying to upgrade my
gettext version. The
Portfile seemed to be trying to set the
CPPFLAGS option for the
configure tool. I opened up
/opt/local/var/db/dports/sources/ rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports/devel/gettext/Portfile and replaced:
configure.cppflags \ -no-cpp-precomp
That seemed to have fixed things. I was able to continue my install and fire up
erl. Since I couldn’t find the answer on the big Google-Net I cast, I figured I’d write it up here in case some poor soul had the same bad luck I did.
Now it’s time to try out some Amazon API stuff.